1 large winter squash (butternut, kabocha, hubbard, delicata)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsely
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Toss squash with 4 teaspoons oil, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender throughout and lightly browned, 30-45 minutes (depending on the variety of squash).
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Toss the roasted squash with the garlic and parsley. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve.